I'm starting to remember why I wanted to stop learning a second language in year 10...
Languages can be awesome fun! ...I still use the little German I know for comic relief ...and I sometimes like to tell people about "mon crayon jaune" (my yellow pencil) in French, but there's always a panic and sense of urgency lingering in the back of my mind. In year 10, it was the panicky feeling of not knowing how to use verbs properly and that if i didn't learn them, I'd fail my German exam. With Norwegian, I'm torn between doing all of my homework or knuckling down to learn some Norwegian because ...if I don't learn Norwegian, I'm going to have great difficulty trying to get along with people in Norway and if I don't pick it up really quickly while I'm over there, I might even be sent home! ...eep! Panicky feeling overload!
I'm trying to be a bit more moderated with it at the moment; getting all my school work done and then laughing at myself as I try and work out how to say "I have a runny nose" in Norwegian. I say that I want to learn that phrase because I had my first attempt at it today when I was talking to Steph about how I'd get this stuff for my ever occurring runny noses through customs in Norway... "Jeg har et... runny nose?" ...I then tried to mime it, but it just looked like I was trying to mimic sniffing cocaine. ...I've always wanted to get caught for drug trafficking and I think I'm getting one step closer each and every day :-D
My first attempt at speaking Norwegian in public came across as me being a druggy. It was a great start to a great, linguistic relationship <3
Closed For Business
15 years ago
1 comment:
hahaha i'm supposed to be doing geog atm, but this is just hilarious! :D
Post a Comment